Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's The People Ya'all

Ya know, when I go to these cycling related gatherings, (Interbike, Sea Otter, and Trans Iowa come to mind immediately), I always lament that I don't get to sit down and spend more time with the people. 

Every business has great people, but I am willing to bet that the ratio of "super cool folks" is higher in cycling than any other sport. Really. I'd almost bet the farm on that.

It really is a shame when you see someone, exchange smiles and pleasantries, and say, "Whelp, I gotta get to......." Yeah.......That sucks. In one way though, it probably wouldn't happen as often at these gatherings if people weren't going to and fro like chickens with their heads cut off. (If you had lived on a farm in the Mid-West, that last phrase would totally make sense to you. If not, well.....it's kinda gruesome!)

Anyway, that's the part I don't like and totally relish, all at the same time. Maybe I'm a softie, I don't know, but this wouldn't be near as fun, or even worthwhile without the folks I meet, however briefly it may be for.

So, as I sit here in the airport, looking forward to getting home to see my wife and family, I will also add that I am really happy I came to Interbike, just to see the people.

I'll miss you all........till next time.

1 comment:

FixieDave said...

Back at Yah! =)