Friday, August 07, 2009

Photo Friday



I know my good friend Gnat does a "Photo Friday", but his are actually pro quality photos. These? meh! I'm just too lazy to crank out a bunch of wordage today!

So, what we have here is a pic of the Fox damper on my Big Mama. I finally understand this beast, I think. You may laugh if you want, but I never said I was a damper expert. I guess I just felt like I had to try all the variations before I went back to stock settings. (How else would I know why other settings do not work?) So now I have it back to "zero" if you will, and the thing rips! I was flying out at The Camp on the thing and it was a hoot. Oh yeah, and that bit of a drop in Geo Wyth? That was fun, although I generally am not an air kinda guy, let me tell ya!



Ah! The Blackbuck. I hadn't ridden it much of late, then I threw on some different wheels and fell in love with it all over again. Here's the deal though. I went back over some notes and decided that I need to throw on the Blackbuck fork again. I just need to score an appropriate stem so I can avoid the "stack-o-spacers" I had on it last year. (Check out the pic).

The pink Blunt wheels are cool, but I am going to have to do a special wheel set for this someday. I'm going to go with Gordo rims when I do, and those waaay fat tires again. I just love the wide track the Gordo/fat tire combo lays down. (Racing Ralph 2.4 front/WeirWolf LT rear as shown here) I'll probably spring for all Racing Ralphs though when I do it.



Oh yeah, I can't let Gnat have all the cool pic glory, ya know. Here's one I think is awesome, but then again, I am biased! You see, even though it was taken with my camera- (my "cheapo" Fuji at that)- it wasn't taken by me. Nope!

This is the work of my six year old son, Jacob Stevenson.

Amazing what kids can do if you give them the chance and a bit of latitude, isn't it? (No directions from adults, he really did this on his own) Like I said, I am biased, but I think it's pretty dang good, so sue me!




The start of the expert XC group at The Camp last Sunday. We had them go up the gravel, then down the driveway into the single track to string them out a bit.

It is really cool to see all the different bikes and riders going at it.

The riders also seemed to really enjoy the day, and the course. I've heard lots of positive feedback.





More carbon madness was revealed by Niner Bikes as they shared some pics and info that I posted over on Twenty Nine Inches yesterday.

Chris Sugai promises that this frame will have some surprises not only in the frame itself, but in terms of the vendors they are working with on the project as well. Niner often gets companies to do unusual things and gets exclusives on them, like the Reba with travel wind down, the Marz tapered steer tube 44 model 29"er fork, and WTB Kodiak tires.

It'll be interesting to see what they get cooked up in terms of the components. I can see internal cable routing, a tapered steer tube, and maybe an eccentric bottom bracket or BB30? Hmm..... Time will tell. They'll be showing a pre-production sample at Eurobike and Interbike, so it won't be long before we all know.

Okay, that's all the images for today folks. I have stepped up the riding program lately, because time is running short, and I am making a run at a few things. Maybe a Good Life Gravel Adventure, a trip possibly sandwiched in between that and Interbike, and of course, Bootleg Canyon. Shortly after that, The Big Wheeled Ballyhoo. Who knows what else?

Step up your riding this weekend! Get out there folks! Summer 2009 is about shot!

No comments: