Thursday, August 28, 2008

This Is Gonna Be Huge!

With the "trade show season" upon us, there is always speculation that something really big is going to be shown that will blow us all away. You know, "The Next Big Thing". Who knows what that will be, or even if it will be.

Last year it was "urban bikes", this year it could be that again. Commuter/urban/fixie/utility rigs that people think are going to "save the planet". (Another misguided notion if there ever was one) Anyway, that doesn't really concern me. I'm not going to be focused on that part of what is being shown this year anyway.

While there really isn't any "big thing" in 29"ers coming for '09, there are lots of really great bikes that are coming. Some of them I already know about. I'm sure there are plenty more that I don't know about. Let's just say that I'm going to be very busy working for Twenty Nine Inches at Interbike. It may not be about covering "The Next Big Thing", but I know it is gonna be huge!

This is an Interbike that I predict will be the best show in terms of 29"ers since 2006. And you know what? I bet it is bigger for the 29"er crowd than that pivotal year was. That doesn't include Eurobike, which generally doesn't show that much 29"er product anyway, but I'm sure even there we will see some surprises.

Just wait, don't take my word for it. I'm betting you guys and gals out there will be blown away by a few of the new rigs. Just the few I already know about would be fodder for much press coverage and internet chatting. It is hard not to let on what I do know, because it is that exciting! Just know this: I would be seriously in debt if I bought every one of the new rigs that are coming out that I know I could use. Not just the ones I would want, these are bikes I could really use in the stable!

Oh yeah! It's going to be a good trade show season for 29"er freaks everywhere!

No comments: