Thursday, March 06, 2008

Okay! That's It! I'm Leaving!

Yep...................I've had it! Can't take anymore of it. I looked at the temperature this morning and it's 4 freakin' degrees! (Did anybody notice it is March? Hello!) So, yeah............I'm makin' plans to get outta here!

In about a week I'll be pulling out of this deep freeze to go to the sunny desert in West Texas. Down in the West Texas town of El Paso, to be exact. (Old country music freaks .....or haters......will now have a song stuck in their heads the rest of today. You can thank me later.)

Yep! My trip of freedom from ice and snow. I can't wait. Of course, you do know what this means, right? It means that the weather will finally straighten up while I'm gone. That's right! When I get back all that will be left will be the remnants of big snow piles. Just wait and see.

I'll be riding my bikes a couple of the days while I'm down there, but I also will be going to Sea World in San Antonio too. Gotta take the kids there. That's a trip within a trip right there. See, for you Texas uninitiated, this "little trip" over from El Paso to San Antonio will take 12 hours. Yep! 12 hours at 75mph on freeway all the way there. And you are still in the middle of the state! Oh, did I mention that the 12 hours is only one way? Yeah.........24 hour round trip baby! That doesn't include the time spent in San Antone. But hey.........the kids will love it, I'm sure. It's closer to go to Tucson, Arizona than to go to San Antonio..........that's how big Texas is!

Anywho, I have a lot of things to do to get ready. I'll be dragging two bikes along with me, that is if our car gets outta the body shop on time! It is scheduled to be done just days before we leave. Talk about cutting it close! And if it doesn't get done, then the whole trip gets cancelled and we have snow forever!

So, it is imperative that the vehicle get done before our scheduled departure or the Mid-West will be plunged directly into the next ice age. Really.........that wouldn't be so bad, would it? I mean, we're used to it by now anyway, right?

I could always get that Pugsley, or "fat front" one of my 29"ers. And Mike Curiak wouldn't have to go so far to do this as he has been. Right?

Ha!

No comments: