Sunday, March 02, 2008

Breaking Weather News

"Breaking" as in spring is showing signs of springing. Since my last post the nature of the weather has taken a turn for the better with warmer temps and melting of ice. We've still got a long way to go, but this is starting to look promising. You gotta figure it would happen any day now because after all, it is March right?

This means that a lot of us Mid Westerners have to start packing on a lot of miles in a short period of time. Training for races will be intense. I am going to have to start laying down some long gravel rides myself to get ready for Dirty Kanza and the rest of the year.

That doesn't cover it all for me though. I'll be doing some gravel road recon too. It's getting to be crunch time as far as Trans Iowa is concerned and the course still hasn't been verified yet. Add in my vacation to Texas in the middle of March and that cuts into time even further. Then right before T.I. I have a trip to Sea Otter. It's going to go from zero to sixty pretty quickly around here!

So these last wintry days are passing quickly by and it's time to get into the starting blocks. Ready, steady, go.....................

No comments: