Friday, June 15, 2007

Killing The Blog: Part II

Okay, I was rather amazed by the commentary generated by yesterdays post, so I thought that it might be best to make a general response in a new post, rather than in the comments section.

First of all- I'm not killing this blog! That's not going to happen.

I was just "asking the question", and wondering about the actions of other bloggers. As it turns out, I see many of you fellow bloggers out there are struggling with similar issues as mine. Then there are the two iconic examples that I brought up of blog killing only to find out they both have snuck into the back door again! So much for bold moves!

There was some disscussion about the "web community" that I found interesting. It bears pointing out, ( again, thanks to CHeintz for this) that many of the relationships developed in my life over the past two and a half years would not have happened sans blog. I feel that my life has been enriched and certainly the deleterious rantings that I have posted over the course of time have been felt far and wide. At the very least, this was and is more than worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

So, there you have it. I'm not going away anytime soon, so thoughts of freeing the blogosphere from my pernicious literary attacks are futile! Pffffftttttttt! Ha ha!

Now on to something really worthwhile! The Big Wheeled Ballyhoo starts cranking up in a week from now. Important updates are posted here and here. This is pretty much everything you'll need to know about the event and it's schedule. Check it out!

Get out and ride your bikes!

No comments: