Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crazy Weekend Schedule: Ballyhoo!

Well, it's about time for this crazy thing we're calling the Big Wheeled Ballyhoo to get wound up. It's funny, but when you put on events like Trans Iowa, GTDRI, and this Ballyhoo you have a two sided nature to yourself.

One side is the side that worries about details, whether or not something is being forgotten, and if anybody will show up. It's the side that saps all your enthusiasm and joy for an event. It's the side of you that says, "I can't wait for this to end!"

Then there is the other side which is the part of you that wants to participate in this cool event, have fun, and see others doing the same. It's the side that says, "Woo hoo! I can't wait for this to begin!"

Unfortunately, the negative side often overwhelms the positive side. I try to keep it all in balance, but I'm tellin' ya! It ain't easy. I won't lie to ya'all: I'll be looking forwards to a month of relative "nothing to do" until GTDRI, which in reality is so low key it's rediculous. A really long ride would be good for my soul about now anyway!

So, with all that said, here's the dealio. I am going to be updating from my Macbook from Decorah all weekend. It'll be at oddball times though, so I appologize to you early morning coffee freaks that will be looking for your daily fix-o-Ted. It might be more like afternoon tea time posting, or most probably a late night, cold brew time posting. So be ready! Ha ha!

See ya at the Ballyhoo if you are coming and if you are not, then look here or on Twenty Nine Inches through out the weekend for what you are missing!

No comments: