Sunday, June 24, 2007

Big Wheeled Ballyhoo Update: Day Two

One day down. Everybody had a great time. Lots of bikes getting demo'ed and big smiles all around. The trails were a bit more challenging in the morning due to the previous two days of rain, but started to "tack up" really well by the end of the day. Today they should be perfect!

I've got pics, but I can't upload them yet. They will be coming! I got to actually ride a bike on the trails myself too. A '08 Paragon. All I will say now is this. Fox fork = NICE! Fisher's redesign = SPOT ON! More on that coming next week.

We had lots of folks gawking at and riding the 36"er. We even got interviewed by the Cedar Rapids Gazzette, so that should be a cool article. All in all it's a pretty good success for the first year.

Last night was the band/party/raffle up in the Ballyhoo World Headquarters provided by T-Bock's. I tell you that you really missed a whale of a good time! The stars in the sky viewed from the campground capped off an excellent day. Now for the finishing touches and I'll write up some more on the aftermath of this event for ya next week.

Stay tuned!

No comments: