Thursday, April 26, 2007

Isn't It About Time Already?!!

It's about time we got this thing over with. It's been a difficult week. I shouldn't probably comment any further on it, so I'll just say that I'm so ready to get through this to the other side.

Things are coming together, miraculously I might add. I am amazed at some of the things that have been happening.

My volunteers are awesome! If you are in this event and get to meet some of them, thank them profusely! I actually have had to turn down help! How often does that happen in this type of situation?

Our sponsors have always been there from the beginning. I am still blown away by the support we get for putting on Trans Iowa in terms of prizing and event support. Thanks a bunch! Special shout out to T-Bock's in Decorah for a last minute bail out to provide the room for the pre and post event activities.

My family: The whole clan was stuffing race bags tonight. Both my 6 year old daughter and 3.5 year old boy were in the assembly line. Child labor? Well, they did it for me, and that's awesome. I got alot further ahead because of my family's support.

Jeff Kerkove: Couldn't do it without him. He's busy with his new gig, and won't be here, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been doing everything he can behind the scenes. Thanks Buddy!

And you guys out there in the "web-o-sphere". I got a half dozen monster cookies from Rich in NorDak for my gravel road touring this weekend today. I have recieved several kind thanks on the blog this week, and even some inspirational e-mails that have made my day. Thanks to all of you: you guys are great!

So, enough with all the credits. It's time to crank up this beast one more time. Trans Iowa V3 is about to be engraved on the minds and souls of about a hundred guys and gals. The sun looks set to shine, the moon will be holding court in the starry vault, and breezes should prove to be favorable. No excuses! It's man against gravel. Let's see what happens....................

..............shall we?

(Note: No more posts here until Sunday evening when I will give a preliminary Event Report. Until then, catch all the Trans Iowa action by listening to the live audio updates posted at Ride424.com. Click on the link entitled "Trans Iowa Audio Update" on the front page there for the latest post. See ya on the other side!)

No comments: