Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Haro Mary Update and Tidbits



Here it is so far! The Haro Mary frame and fork that I got for writing some catalog copy. Thanks go out to Salsa Cycles for making some rockin' parts that I am using on this bike. The 410 mm Shaft seat post is super easy to adjust. I like the CroMoto stems too. Lip Lock stem face plates are a smart idea. Then my favorite part so far on the bike, the new 17 degree bend handle bar. Mr. 24 says that it throws stem length and top tube measurements out the window, but hey! He doesn't have to ride it now, does he?

Speaking of Mr. 24, he passsed on some super Ergon Team Green bar end/grips that'll be seeing duty here, since they almost match, and I want to see if they might work out on such a swept back bar.

Other bits include a SRAM X-Gen front derailluer, a circa 1996 XT rear derailluer with cartridge bearing jockey wheels in anno gold, a circa 1996 WTB SST titanium railed saddle, XT disc hubs with six bolt interface laced to Alex TD-17 rims with Wheelsmith double butted spokes, Bontrager XR 1.8" tires, and a Cane Creek S-1 headset mounted to the stock frame and cro-mo fork.

I have a UN-73 bottom bracket coming that'll help me mount up my circa 1992 Sun Tour Micro Drive crank with the 44-32-20 tooth combination. I have a couple older cassettes but I may just spring for a new 8spd cassette that'll work with my vintage XTR 8spd Rapid Fire Plus shifter/brake lever units. (Circa 1997)

Brakes will be Avid mechanical BB-7's as soon as I feel like I can spring for those. So, it's a mix of old and new stuff that'll be making this Haro Mary a unique rig. Plus, I get to use up some stuff I have bouncing around in parts bins that should be on a bike.

Stay tuned for future updates!

No comments: