Saturday, November 25, 2006

V3 Recon


"Who disturbs our quiet repose?!!"


A view from the side of the road somewhere in Northeast Iowa.












It was almost foggy, and definitely overcast earlier in the day. Look closely, though, and you can see the road I'm on winding away in the distance.













Another view of some of the winding gravel roads.








I had to for go another round of single track riding at the camp for some long over due Trans Iowa recon. I was pleased with the roads I was able to check out today. It was a gray, overcast day, but dry. The roads were pretty full of gravel right now, but that might change by spring.

The one thing that surprised me was the lack of wildlife sightings, but I guess I did see alot of hunters out and the deer are pretty much nocturnal at this time of year.

Anyway, about half the course is accounted for, another bit is known to exist, but I haven't been on it yet. The rest needs to be driven. Hopefully December will be kind and allow for a day of driving!

I'll have more pictures then.........

No comments: