Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday News and Views

Okay, I'm sitting here getting ready to type this out and it's 27 degrees Fahrenheit out and the wind sounds like it's about to rip the siding offa the house. Quick check of the calendar......nope! It's not January! Coulda fooled me!

Anyway, this Mr. 24 injury thing was not in vain. I got a progress report from the trails maintenance co-ordinator. Wow! Alot got done in two days. I'm excited about the possibilities here and perhaps someday soon I'll be able to invite you all to come and check it out. It's going to be really good!

Moab this weekend. Looks like it's going to be a really competitive race with Tinker, Nat Ross, et all down in the desert. Special 29"er freak update: Nat Ross will be debuting the "official" Tubless Ready tire from Bontrager at the event. Keep yer eyes peeled for his performance to see how these tires perform. If they make it through the event bug-free, I'd not be surprised to see them showing up on shelves sometime soon in '07. (Not that I'm a tubeless tire fan, cause I'm not! Well.........actually.......I've never tried it. But I'd like to, to see what all the fuss is about!)

Speaking of tires, I am amassing a Bontrager tire arsenal for testing. I already have rolled the XR tires for well over a year now, but I want to try their skinnier sisters and the knobbier brothers too. So far I've got the skinnier XR's and am waiting on another pair of XR fatties and the knobbier Jones ACX will be ordered too. No Dry X's are available now, so I can't get down with them just yet.

And speaking of tires the other two treads that I want to try are the extremely hot and popular Panaracer Rampages and the soon to be released Kenda Smallblock 8. Two entirely different tires, but exciting for use around here, none the less. ( Note: the link to Panaracer is for the 26" UST model but the 29"er model is folding bead and.....well, BIGGER! The tread is the same. )

Now all I have to do is to get all of these tire and roll them on that new "Broken Finger Trail" up at the Camp! Good times are waitin'! (Thanks to Mr. 24 for the cool trail name!)

No comments: