Friday, July 14, 2006

A Special Thank You





A little while ago, I was contacted for some 29"er info by an individual. Not a big deal, I get that from time to time, and it's always welcomed. I gave my information and went about my way. Sometime later, ( yesterday!) I recieved an e-mail and a package from the same individual saying "thank you" and I opened the package and found this!







Pretty cool stuff from Twin Six! I've been aware of their stuff through Mr.24 and other athletes. I didn't know that anyone that worked for them was a 29"er fan, but I know that now! ( Thanks Brent!)








I always appreciate a good t-shirt and Twin Six has several besides these that are really cool. These two are made with a really nice combed cotton, which is a bit lighter weight. That's especially good now, since we are suffering from "swamp ass" conditions now. ( High temps and high humidity, for you who care to know!) The thinner fabric keeps you cooler and the combed cotton is silky smooth. Nice!

A word about the "Alpe d'Huez shirt: This is a regular shirt in the line, but with a special "limited edition" twist. If you can read it, the black print says something about the recent doping scandal in le Tour. I'll let you decipher it, but Brent tells me that there were like 50 of these printed, so do not expect the exact same shirt to be available to you. The "regular" Alpe d'Huez shirt is available and is veddy kool!

The square tags on the shirts are coasters for your favorite beverages. Nice touch! Brent sent me several of these. I guess I'd better get to work on using them! With the upcoming 90 degree weather we will be suffering through, that shouldn't be a problem! I usually don't post stuff like this, but Brent sent me this stuff out of the blue because I answered a few questions for him, so I thought it was the least I could do to thank him and let you all know about a really cool cycling apparel company. Please check them out!

Have a great weekend and enjoy riding your bike! Check back for a special "Bike Shop Horrors" blog post tomorrow!

No comments: